For many of you that final section to finish off that long process to achieve your gold award maybe that extra section at gold of the residential.
If that is the case or you just want it out of the way, then why not join us for our five-day gold DofE residential up in the Highlands of Scotland. We will be travelling across Scotland in open canoes. Over the five days we will use the Great Glen Loch side campsites and some of the wilder traveller’s rest.
The Great Glen Coast to Coast canoe expedition takes in short sections of the Caledonain Canal to link Loch Lochy, Loch Oich and Loch Ness. This expedition will see you paddling from the west coast to the east coast of Scotland navigating these magnificent waterways.
Over the course of this trip you may have to contend with big waves, mirror calm waters and some exhilarating sailing, such is the nature of the ever-changing Great Glen.
During this DofE gold residential, expert coaching will be provided to help develop your open canoeing paddling skills. Depending on wind conditions, we may also be able to sail rafted canoes – weather permitting.
We aim to finish the expedition in Inverness, again dependent on weather conditions, with a transfer back to Corpach if required. On the final day we will get off the water at approximately 2pm and be back in Corpach by 5pm.
Five days paddling from Corpach to Inverness (Please note this trip is very wind and weather dependent – please email or see below for a more detailed itinerary).
Camping by the lochside – four nights. There will be toilet and warm showering facilities available on most nights.
This expedition is suitable for those with little canoeing experience as well as experienced paddlers who prefer a guided trip. Please note that there will be some portaging round the locks on canal sections.
We will meet at Corpach lochs on the first morning of the Gold residential where there is ample car parking.
The price of the trip includes: all canoeing /camping equipment (excluding sleeping bag and camping mat), coaching and guiding, Great Glen fees, all expedition type food and shuttlecost back to Corpach Locks if needed.
Trip Dates: 17th August to 21st August 2020
24th August to 28th August 2020 (Gold participants aged 18 years of age and over)
Price: £425 per/person
What we include
– A single point of contact at Mountain Water Expeditions to provide you with consistent support throughout your residential experience.
– Pre-residential information pack with lots of helpful advice, kit lists etc
– Camping fees for the residential
– Use of group kit (free of charge – see below)
– Supervision from experienced and helpful instructors
– Waterproof Rucksack / Barrel (if needed)
– Rucksack liners (if needed)
– All relevant canoeing and safety equipment
– All relevant food on the canoe crossing
– Residential report to upload to your eDofE profile
– Certificate & Photography’s to remember the residential experience in years to come
We provide the following essential group kit free of charge:
– Stoves, pans and fuel
What we do not include
– Transport to and from the residential starting point
– Personal kit and accident insurance
– Items of personal expedition kit that are not mentioned above for example sleeping bags, sleeping mats, waterproof clothing, wetsuit boots etc
For further information or to book a place on this gold DofE residential please email email@example.com