Alan Pinnington, BSC (HONS), PGCE WITH QTS
Alan Pinnington holds a PGCE in Secondary Education which he achieved after graduating with a BSc (Hons) in Environmental Studies and Information Technology as well as a Higher National Diploma in Leisure Management.
Alan has climbed, walked and paddled extensively throughout Europe and the U.K. He holds many national governing body qualifications in the outdoors but mountaineering and open canoeing are where his heart is.
As well as delivering adventure programs to a wide ranging client group, Alan is also highly experienced in training and supervising groups and group leaders on the Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme.
Alan first became involved with the Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme as a participant as a young man, working his way through the scheme to gain his Gold Award. Alan then went on to become the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Expedition Worker for Knowsley Council before going to university. While working at a large secondary school in the North West of England Alan was given responsible for managing the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award scheme with over 200 pupils working their way through Bronze, Silver and Gold Awards. Alan was instrumental in his school becoming the first Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Direct License Centre for a state school in the U.K, he was also successful in the school’s application to become a Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Approved Activity Provider for expeditions.
Alan is committed to continuous personal development. He is currently in the later stages of the International Mountain Leader qualification and British Canoeing coach educationscheme.
- Mountain Training – Summer Mountain Leader
- BAIML – Aspirant International Mountain Leader
- Mountain Training Course Director for Lowland Leaders Training & Assessment
- Mountain Training Course Director for Hill & Mountain Skills
- Mountain Training Course Director for Lowland Leaders Award & Expedition Skills Module
- Mountain Training – Rock Climbing Instructor
- BMC Fundamentals of Climbing
- BCU Level 3 Coach Whitewater Kayak & Canoe
- UKCC BCU Core 3 Training
- UKCC BCU Level 3 Discipline Specific Training Canoe
- British Canoeing – Advanced Canoe Leader
- British Canoeing – Sea Leader
- British Canoeing – Canoe Leader Provider
- British Canoeing – White Water Safety & Rescue Provider
- British Canoeing – FS&R Trainer & Assessor
- BSUPA Stand Up Paddle Board – Instructor
- OCR Certificate in Off Site Safety Management
- MBLA Trail Cycle Leaders Training
- Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Expedition Assessor – Bronze, Silver & Gold
- REC First Aid Trainer & Assessor
- ITC First Aid Trainer & Assessor
- British Canoeing – Aquatic First Aid Trainer
- Nuco Automated External Defibrillation Trainer (AED)
- British Army Combat Medical Technician
- IHCD First Person on the Scene (FPOS (I)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation & Automated External Defibrillation Certificate
- The use of Medical Gases including Entonox
- Emergency Care Assistant
- First Response Emergency Care Level 3 Certificate (FREC 3)
- First Response Emergency Care Level 4 Certificate (FREC 4)
- RoSPA Emergency Response Blue Lights Driver