DofE Expedition Services for Schools and Groups
DofE Silver AAP Expedition Services
DofE Silver Expedition [Walking]
Mountain Water Expeditions, DofE Approved Activity (AAP) Expedition Provider.
Our DofE Silver Expedition Service will be designed and tailored to the needs of your group.
DofE Silver Walking Expedition Package
|Training||Practice Expedition||Assessed Expedition||Location||Price|
|*1 Day (In house delivered at your venue)||*2 Days / 2 Nights||3 Days / 2 Nights||UK Based||**Team of 7 from £285 per/person|
* We can include extra training or practice expeditions for groups with limited experience if needed.
**Travel distance from our venue may add to the above price.
What we include
- A single point of contact at Mountain Water Expeditions to provide you with consistent support throughout your expedition service
- High quality training and expeditions delivered at a location convenient for you
- Pre-expedition information pack with lots of helpful advice
- Assistance with expedition paperwork if needed. We will help complete the required operating authority paperwork and risk assessments documents with you if needed
- Campsite fees for the expeditions
- Use of group kit (free of charge – see below)
- Supervision from experienced and helpful instructors
- Accredited assessors for the qualifying expedition
- Expedition rucksack (if needed)
- Expedition rucksack liners (if needed)
- High visibility rucksack cover
We provide the following essential group kit free of charge:
- Stoves, pans and fuel
- Group shelters
- Group first aid kit
- Group emergency phone
- Group emergency high visibility vest
What we do not include
- Transport to and from the expedition venue
- Expedition food and snacks (We can help sort this at cost if needed)
- Personal kit and accident insurance
- Items of personal expedition kit that are not mentioned above for example sleeping bags, sleeping mats, waterproof clothing, boots.
We will work with you to choose a suitable location for your group. Whether you are looking for something in your local area, or you want to visit a new and more adventurous location, we can help.
Please contact us to discuss your needs further. We want to work with you and the needs of your young people.
Why choose Mountain Water Expeditions?
Who we are – The Team
We are a teacher led organisation who understand the current demands places upon school staff who want to get their young people out into the outdoors.
Our coaches / instructors are highly experienced outdoor professionals coming from a variety of backgrounds. This wealth of experience enables us to cater for individuals, groups and national companies when delivering our programmes and activities.
Quality of Service
Customer service and attention to detail matter to us. Our experienced, friendly team are passionate about being outside and want you to gain as much as possible from your time with us. We do the planning for you so you have a safe and enjoyable trip. Your safety is our highest priority and Mountain Water Expeditions has a perfect safety record. We are happy to answer as many questions as you may have about your trip.
Safety is at the forefront of everything we do. Mountain Water Expeditions has taken all necessary steps to ensure that our expedition programmes provide an appropriate challenge for participants without compromising on safety.
The Adventurous Activities Licensing Authority (AALA) is the body which regulates adventurous activities in the UK. It is a government body and part of the Health and Safety Executive. Mountain Water Expeditions is licensed by AALA to provide;
Activity categories covered by the licence:
- Coasteering – (At specified venues. Summer conditions only)
- Gorge Scrambling – (At specified venues. Summer conditions only)
- Hill Walking & Mountaineering – (Including roped scrambling)
- Improvised Rafting – (Sheltered Inland Waters. Summer conditions only)
- Kayaking – (Including sea kayaking and kayak surfing)
- Open Canoeing
- Rock Climbing
- Sea Level Traversing – (At specified venues. Summer conditions only)
Our licence number is Reference Number R2213, details of our licence
can be confirmed by visiting http://www.aals.org.uk/aals/provider_detail.php?ref_no=R2213
Reference No: R2213
Licence No: L11769
Issue Date: 22 Sep 2017
Expiry Date: 22 Sep 2020
Learning Outside the Classroom (LOtC) – Quality Badge
Mountain Water Expeditions has been awarded the LOtC Quality Badge by the Council for Learning Outside the Classroom. This badge provides for the first time a national award combining the essential elements of provision – learning and safety – into one easily recognisable and trusted accreditation scheme for all types of learning outside the classroom provider organisations. Our quality badge number is R2Q104621, details of our licence can be confirmed by calling the LOtC on 01479 811448.
Adventure Mark – AAIAC
Mountain Water Expeditions has been accredited by Adventuremark which is a non- statutory safety accreditation scheme devised by the Adventure Activity Industry Advisory Committee for providers of adventurous activities.
Adventuremark allows Mountain Water Expeditions to demonstrate to our customers and users that the relevant arrangements for managing the potential risks of adventure activities which have been inspected and found to meet the AAIAC provider accreditation standards which define “good practice” in the adventure activity industry. All providers who hold Adventuremark will have undergone an inspection to confirm compliance.
DofE Approved (Expedition section for ALL three levels of the award & Gold Residential)
Mountain Water Expeditions is a Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Approved Activity Provider. We work closely with DofE head office and DofE operating authorities across the country to ensure our programmes fulfil the DofE expedition requirements.
We utilise the latest technology to ensure our groups have a safe and enjoyable expedition experience. We have a stock of Personal Locator Beacons which we issue to groups undertaking expeditions in remote areas.
Our real strength is our fantastic team of instructors. They are all fully qualified and have the necessary experience to deliver the activities we have available. Each instructor holds
the National Governing Body qualifications appropriate for the activity you employ us to deliver.
All of our instructors are qualified first aiders and have attended activity specific courses to enable them to deal efficiently with any situation that may arise.
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) checks
As part of our child protection policy all our instructors and office staff have Enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) checks. These are renewed every three years.
We are fully insured to deliver training and expeditions through BAHIS. We hold a public liability policy which covers up to £10,000,000 and an employer’s liability policy.
Duke of Edinburgh’s Award provides limited personal accident insurance cover for participants see www.dofe.org for more details.
We strongly recommend participants take additional insurance to cover cancellation and curtailment as we are not able to offer refunds for participants who are unable to attend or complete training or expeditions. Suitable travel insurance policies are widely available.
Email us today on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 07582 062 257 to discuss your DofE Silver Expedition requirements.