Mountain Training – Long Term Lowland Leader Programme
Would you like the confidence to lead a group of friends or peers on a walking adventure?
Have you ever wanted to become a Mountain Training Lowland Leader but maybe just don’t quite know how to get there? Maybe you lack the confidence or just don’t have the relevant experience or equipment to move forward with your dream.
Our new long term Lowland Leader development pathway will offer you a fully tailored professional approach to help you achieve your goal of becoming a Mountain Training Lowland Leader.
Mountain Water Expeditions can provide training and assessment courses for the Mountain Training Hill and Mountain Skills, and the Lowland Leader Award both the training and assessment elements of the award. As well as the Expedition Skills module. We are also an approved centre to deliver the National Navigation Award Scheme (NNAS).
This award scheme has been designed for people who wish to lead groups on day walks in lowland countryside and woodland in summer conditions in the UK. The scope and accessibility for this scheme makes it very achievable and appropriate for Duke of Edinburgh Award leaders and volunteer staff.
Through this development programme we allow you to achieve nationally recognised qualifications that will open up a natural pathway to other awards and qualifications for leading and working with others in the outdoors.
As a Lowland Leader you will be qualified to lead groups in all Lowland areas on the UK.
The foundation of good leadership is personal skills, as this allows you to focus all your attention on the group. Once a leader is comfortable in the environment they can easily help and instruct others. On our training course we will help you improve your personal hill skills. As you do this you will have plenty of time to think about the group and plan what they should do. This will allow you to match the technical skill of your group to the difficulty of the river or lake and then make a safe decision as how to lead them.
Rest assured that at the end of a Mountain Water Expeditions training course your personal skill and technical understanding will have improved significantly.
We will demonstrate to you best leading practice and allow you to try these practices with the support of an extremely experienced coach at your side. We will give you as much freedom to make decisions as you want while always being there to help if necessary.
Itinerary / Duration
During the 12 months you will have unlimited access to personal and professional one on one advice, you will also have the opportunity to achieve the following Mountain Training and National Navigation Award Scheme as part of your development pathway:
- Mountain Training Hill Skills
- Mountain Training Mountain Skills
- Mountain Training Lowland Leader Training
- Mountain Training Lowland Leader Assessment
- Mountain Training Expedition Skills Module
- Rescue and Emergency Care Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW)
- Rescue and Emergency Care 16 hour Outdoor First Aid
- National Navigation Award Scheme – Bronze Award
Skills looked at during Lowland Leader Development Programme:
- Leadership skills and group management
- Walking skills
- Planning a walk
- Basic map and route-finding skills
- Hazards and emergency procedures
- Environmental awareness, conservation, access and land ownership
- Food and cooking
- Planning and leadership
- Training and supervising expedition groups
An interest in wanting to develop your hill walking and leadership skill. Some personal hill walking experience.
This course is non-residential apart from the Expedition Skills Module.
T.B.C normally somewhere within Rivington, Lake District and North Wales.
|LONG TERM CANOE LEADER DEVELOPMENT||Course/Activity||Location||Price||Book Now|
|September 2020 (Running for 12 months to September 2021)||Lowland Leader Development Programme||Rivington, Mold, North Wales||£995 per/person|
Course Fees & Payment Option
There is an option to spread out the payment over a 12 month period (Term & Conditions apply).
Deposit of £295 and then 7 payments of £100.
Please note there is a registration fee payable to Mountain Training for the Hill and Mountain Skills course and to enroll on the Lowland Leader award. This fee is payable directly to Mountain Training by yourself.
What we include
The price of the course includes;
- Coaching, instruction and guiding from experienced and helpful coaches
- A single point of contact at Mountain Water Expeditions to provide you with consistent support throughout your experience.
- Pre course information pack with lots of helpful advice, kit lists etc
- Access to good quality navigation equipment
- Camping Equipment while on the Expedition Module
- Rucksack and inner drybag (if needed)
- Mountain Training and NNAS provider fees
- Access to a range of equipment suppliers discounts
What we do not include
- Transport to and from the starting point
- Personal Hill walking kit and accident insurance
- Items of personal hill walking kit for example waterproof clothing, boots etc
- Food or drink
Mountain Training Membership
All course participants will need to be full members of Mountain Training.
For further information or to book a place on this Mountain Training Lowland Leader long term development programme please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For further reading